Skip to main content

Personal Project: I Took Dictation for a Queen

My cat Nora (who was the queen of everything in the universe) dictated blog posts to me between 2013 and her death in 2018 ... Okay, I see that skeptical look. You'll just have to trust me. If you'd known Nora, you wouldn't be a bit surprised.



Anyone who has ever claimed that cats have no personality clearly never met Nora. Nora was bossy, opinionated, and extraordinarily proud of the fact that she was the queen. 

Her snarky attitude is not reflective of my own; she was her own "person." In fact, when people who had read her blog met her for the first time, they were always somewhat shocked to discover that the posts reflected her character so perfectly. I'm quite proud of the fact that I was able to translate her fabulously unique personality into English. 

I loved Nora, and I loved writing Nora's blog. I share this project as an example of my creative writing skills and hope others enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Here are a few of my favorite posts:

The Cattle Industry Is Doomed

Velociraptors Have Tails

My Official Statement Regarding the Mouse Massacre

Nick Defends Himself ... I Think

How Did We End Up Here?

The Kingdom Will Soon Be In Shambles