Skip to main content

Writing Samples: Articles About DIY Escape Room Kits for Lock, Paper, Scissors


One of my favorite freelance clients was Lock, Paper, Scissors. This Australia-based company publishes print-at-home escape games for players of all ages. The brand voice is lighthearted, humorous, geeky, and incredibly fun to embody.  

Here is the content I wrote for Lock, Paper, Scissors.

26 Creative Escape Room Theme Ideas You Can Use Right Now

How to Throw the Ultimate Escape Room House Party

Escape Rooms: The Bluechip Team-Building Day Your Staff Will Invest In

Do You Have What It Takes to Start an Escape Room Business?

Blueprint for Crafting Your First DIY Escape Room

Why Escape Games Are the Boredom-Crushing Tech Your Students Need

How to Make a Kid's Escape Room Party

Note: When producing content for a website like this, I do not receive a byline, and the client has free reign to make changes to my work; client revisions can introduce mechanics issues that were not present in the original draft. I am proud to provide these links as demonstrations of my ability to capture brand voice and compose content that is both entertaining and informative, but I encourage readers to avoid evaluating my grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and proofreading skills based upon these samples.

I also wrote and designed the teacher's kit and student exercises Lock, Paper, Scissors sells bundled with the Lost Mummy escape room kit. 

This kit included an overview and instructions for use, detailed instructions for setting up the Lost Mummy escape game, and four supplemental lesson packets covering King Tutankhamun's tomb, the Rosetta Stone, Mummies, and the Afterlife. 

Each lesson packet contained a slide presentation to share with the class, a set of activities (corresponding to Common Core standards), and printable handouts. Activities included reading comprehension, writing, discussion, and art exercises. 

Because this kit is owned and sold by Lock, Paper, Scissors, I am not including a link to it here. However, interested employers may contact me and request a PDF of the unbranded copy document.